top of page

Claiming household bills as expenses

Did you know … you are allowed to claim for some of your household bills as expenses if you are a sole trader working from home?

Things like

· heating

· electricity

· Council Tax

· mortgage interest or rent

· internet and telephone use

you can’t claim for the total amount, but you can certainly claim for a fair proportion of them. If it’s easier, there are ‘flat rates’ that the HMRC can pay out – you should claim for whichever is more beneficial to you.

This goes for your vehicle use and if you live in your place of work too (e.g. a B&B)

If you’d like more information on this or anything else financey – please get in touch … SAY HELLO

74 views0 comments
bottom of page